If you would like to know more about the legal approach to social protection…
… then this section is for you. It will explain how international law supports the right to social security; and why economic, cultural and social rights and labour law are necessary for understanding a human rights-based approach to social protection. We use a United Nations definition of a rights-based approach with a focus on ILO social security standards. This section consists of:
- An introduction to the right to social security
- Key aspects of the right to social security
- Social security standards of the International Labour Organization
- What is a rights-based approach?
- Selected resources on a rights-based approach to social protection