Social security provisions in the Constitution of Germany
- Article 6 – Marriage – Family – Children
(1) Marriage and the family shall enjoy the special protection of the state.
(2) The care and upbringing of children is the natural right of parents and a duty primarily incumbent upon them. The state shall watch over them in the performance of this duty.
(4) Every mother shall be entitled to the protection and care of the community.
VII – Federal legislation and legislative procedures
- Article 74 – Matters under concurrent legislative powers
(1) Concurrent legislative power shall extend to the following matters:
7. public welfare (except for the law on social care homes);
12. labour law, including the organisation of enterprises, occupational health and safety, and employment agencies, as well as social security, including unemployment