The platforms specific objectives are to:
- support national level implementation of ILO Recommendation 202 on Social Protection Floors from a human rights perspective;
- ensure that any social protection assessment tool, such as the Inter-Agency Social Protection Assessment Tools, takes into account the human rights obligations of States;
- contribute to the implementation of the post-2015 agenda by providing insight on the design and execution of human rights-based social protection systems;
- question assumptions about social protection and economic, social and cultural rights that currently dominate the global discourse;
- scrutinize politically sensitive and timely post-2015 challenges from an international and interdisciplinary perspective;
- share human rights-based social protection policy and programming experiences to determine effective ways of closing existing gaps in promotion and analysis;
- encourage policy makers, civil society organizations and the academic community to critically and consistently assess the most significant and persistent challenges to human rights-based social protection;
- engage unconventional actors from diverse activist communities in a conversation about concrete practices and approaches for a rights based approach to social protection;
- promote and facilitate South-South cooperation in implementing rights-based social protection programmes; and
- raise awareness and facilitate learning about the links between social protection and human rights by maintaining a dynamic collection of resources.
The platform will be continually updated. New resources will be made available on a regular basis, including information on emerging topics.