Social security provisions in the Constitution of the Netherlands
- Article 20
1. It shall be the concern of the authorities to secure the means of subsistence of the population and to achieve the distribution of wealth.
2. Rules concerning entitlement to social security shall be laid down by Act of Parliament.
3. Dutch nationals resident in the Netherlands who are unable to provide for themselves shall have a right, to be regulated by Act of Parliament, to aid from the authorities.
- Article 22
1. The authorities shall take steps to promote the health of the population.
2. It shall be the concern of the authorities to provide sufficient living accommodation.
3. The authorities shall promote social and cultural development and leisure activities.