Walking the Talk: Transformative Pathways for Achieving the SDGs— UNRISD Flagship Report Launch
On Monday, 17 October UNRISD will launch its 2016 Flagship Report, Policy Innovations for Transformative Change.
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals are a global commitment to “transforming our world” and eradicating poverty in all its forms everywhere. The challenge now is to put this vision into action. How can this be achieved?
At this event, Walking the Talk: Transformative Pathways for Achieving the SDGs, panellists will provide some answers to this question, by exploring how innovative policies that integrate social, environmental and economic aspects can lead to inclusive societies that leave no one behind.
- Valentin Zellweger, Swiss Ambassador to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva
- Katja Hujo, Senior Research Coordinator and Flagship Report coordinator, UNRISD
- Isabel Ortiz, Director of the Social Protection Department, International Labour Organization
- Constanza Martinez, Senior Advisor and UN Representative, World Vision International
Paul Ladd, UNRISD Director
With the participation of
- Michael Møller, Director-General, United Nations Office at Geneva
- Dr. David Nabarro, UN Secretary-General’s Special Adviser on the 2030 Agenda (video message)