UNRISD & SRI Official Side Event at the 34th Session of the Human Rights Council
UNRISD and the Sexual Rights Initiative are hosting Universal Access to Sexual and Reproductive Health: Realizing Health and Human Rights, an official side event at the 34th Session of the Human Rights Council.
How can people’s sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHRs) around the world be better protected and promoted?
Panellists at this event will present perspectives on:
- Challenges and good practices in ensuring full access to SRHRs
- Environmental dimensions of family planning
- The linkages between a human rights-based social protection framework and access to these rights
- Current global trends, and what these mean for implementation of the SDGs (and their achievement by 2030).
- Meghan Doherty, Global Policy and Advocacy Officer, Action Canada for Sexual Health & Rights
- Paola Daher, Global Advocacy Advisor, Center for Reproductive Rights
- Agnes Odhiambo, Women’s Rights Researcher, Human Rights Watch (via Skype)
- David Chipanta, Senior Social Protection Advisor, UNAIDS
- Elizabeth Maclean, Research Coordinator, International Center for Migration, Health and Development
Moderator: Paul Ladd, Director, UNRISD
This event is sponsored by the government of Portugal.
The event is open to all UN badge holders. If you do not have a badge and would like to attend, please visit the event page to register.